- The story and focus of the Strong Start™ Before Baby for Dads program.
- Introduction to the “Mental Wealth” traits needed for lifetime success in school, at work and in relationships
- How these traits are developed in the first years of life.
- The Father’s role in developing those traits
- Review of scientific terms and goals
About adminThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far admin has created 5 blog entries.
You're hearing a few excerpts recorded during a Strong Start™ practice. In our sessions, kids play freely, while their adults watch and learn – from each other, from the leader, and – especially – from their kids.
Frustration and disappointment are part of life – so your kid needs to learn from them, and how to deal with them. What is important is to give attention to your child’s feelings and thoughts without needing to change them.
Your words create their world – and we "speak" with our tone of voice and our body language, as well as with our words. The challenge, and the opportunity, is to keeping our body language supporting what we want to communicate. Here's how...
After I titled a preschool’s zoom session “Respect, Boundaries and Prison Etiquette: Supporting your Child(ren) without Losing Your F’ing Mind” I realized that this topic – Prison Etiquette and Baby Parenting, was not only timely, but worthy.
Prison is awful, and our system of mass incarceration is messed up – I recognize that, and I […]